Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Nursery Tour

The Nursery Tour.  Finally.  Enter, please.


This little gem of a room was so much fun to put together.  Its evolution was the best part - especially since I had such distain for pink going into the planning.  This would soon change, there is no denying it, we were having a girl after all.

As somewhat of a DIY-er and lover of creating things using a little elbow grease, this nursery-on-a-budget was right up my alley.  And thanks to our parents and grandparents for contributing a bit of time, effort and money to make this room extra special.



Curtains: Urban Outfitters
Shelf: Ikea, my parents shipped from Minnesota
Baskets: Ikea
Toys: A mix of old and new, and we can't wait to start playing with them


Periodic table blocks, thanks to Marisa - love, love, love


Jenny Lind Crib, thanks Mom & Dad
Bedding: Bella Notte, thanks April & Mike
Table: Vintage, re-painted
Rocking Chair: hand-me-down from April, on loan


Banner: Repurposed from our wedding
Flashcards: Etsy shop, AnnaMarieCamacho


Quilt: Handmade with love by Grandma Walters
Footstool: A Walmart clearance find, recovered in this fabric by Alexander Henry


Shelves: A Salvage find at Hudson's from Target
Clock: Vintage find in New Orleans, gifted to me from Bo
Toys/Boxes: Bo's childhood trinkets, my cheesy collection of boxes from cities around the country


Dresser: Made in the USA!, bought on the Coast here
Changing Table: As seen here on Leslie's Nursery tour, Thanks to my Dad for the beautiful work, pattern here
Diaper Pail: Ubbi


Well, there you have it.  We love it and hope Clara has many, many happy hours sleeping and playing in this cozy space I created with lots of love.

And with that,  I think that completes my New Years blog-to-do-list.  Awesome.  Now what?


3 comments:

  1. So beautiful. I hope I can one day come play with Clara (and her blocks) in that room. Wonderful job, Kate and Bo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! I was JUST thinking yesterday how I longed for this blog post to be written. Great job on the post and the room! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the wreath too! xooxoxxx

    ReplyDelete