Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy 2013!

2013. I'm a mom - The Brady Bunch is expanding.  Bo and I will 'celebrate' a decade of 'dating'.  Wow.

I have so much to be thankful for in the past year, most notably this wonderfully perfect new addition we have. The feelings are so overwhelming, it's really hard to fully describe.  We've had three weeks to begin to know each other, Little Clara and I, and it kinda feels like the beginning of med school all over again. It's amazing all that you can pack into a short amount of time!

The past week she's really started to become more alert, holding her eyes on you or gazing at the pictures on the walls. She found her thumb this week, too, but really doesn't prefer this digit over the others yet.  She's still a good little sleeper, I wake her up to eat during the day when her snoozes go too long.  However, it's the when she sleeps that can sometimes be trying on me - wide awake time at 3am is still her favorite. It's funny, this is the time she would wake me up when she was still in utero, old habits die hard I guess.

We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with my parents and Bo's.  Quite different from years past, but equally good. My mom prepared her {delicious} homemade lasagna in advance, which was so great as this gave time for us all to gather together around our 'greatest gift of all' and soak her in as much as possible.
A first look for Grandma Mommu.
Christmas Eve Dinner with the Ryan's
Christmas Day with the Ryan/Brady Clan
Our newly minted family of three
 Parting is such sweet sorrow, my parents left on the 29th.  Seemed like we were all just getting our stride and we had to say goodbye. I'll admit, I was a wreck [and may still be]. March and my mom's spring break can't come fast enough.

Proud Grandparents - we hated to see you go!
Of course, NewYears Eve was also a change from years past. Bo and I ate Chinese and watched TV. I went to bed early, but was awoken with a kiss and fussing baby - time to ring in the new year milk-drunk, mom!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, whether you celebrated old traditions or started new ones. I haven't come up with my New Years resolutions yet but I do have some New Years plans to complete - namely the birth story post I've started and the nursery tour post in my head...

May 2013 be bountiful.

1 comment:

  1. thinking of you and can't wait to see you and little Clara! your post warmed my heart. :) call/txt you soon!

    ReplyDelete