Monday, December 16, 2013

Clara's Winter Onederland

Clara's Winter Onederland

This party was so much fun.  

Though I both dread and love party planning, as we all know, everything always works out. With a only a short time to get ready - I took a board exam in Philadelphia the day before Thanksgiving, invites didn't arrive until a week before the party, etc - I think all turned out perfect.

I let the invitations set the party tone.   Here on Etsy from ThePartyPaperFairy.  I also ordered cupcake and smash cake toppers and a banner.  All looked great.



It helped that a little shop downtown had these great decorations which were the perfect addition to our little winter onederland theme.  Clara and I picked them up on Black Friday - our only shopping excursion for the day. (Well, other than a little online shopping...)





To streamline my lack of time, I ordered chicken spaghetti from a local caterer and whipped up a salad and some appetizers myself.  Easy. Peasy.  



Cake and cupcakes were ordered from our local baker, Home Bake - delicious.  Flowers done the day before at our local florist, Blooms - exactly what I pictured.  And with our Christmas decorations up, we were set to party!







As we also know, when you feel the most unprepared for a party - everyone says "Yes, we'll be there."  But this was perfect.  With the three of us gone for a month in Michigan while I was on an away rotation, we were excited to see all our Hattiesburg friends.  



Clara was truly the star of the show.  



She was a little unsure of herself at first, but in no time she was performing for everyone - the pinnacle being her smash cake.  She reveled in everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to her.  




What fun we all had.  As you can see, Bo and I were pretty giddy ourselves.  Proud parents, what can I say.  




Even if I could have, I don't think I would have changed a bit.  Now, to begin planning for next year, right?!?



P.S. If your ever wondering what to get a one-year old?  Tissue paper.  

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful party! No surprise here--looked like so much fun! Happy birthday, sweet Clara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, what a beautiful party! I hate that we weren't able to be there. Everything looks beautiful, and Clara looks like she is having so much fun! I especially love the last picture with her hands in the air above all her tissue paper- what a cutie :) See you in January!!

    ReplyDelete